Saturday, December 7, 2019

Rhinestone Cowboy



Over 30 years ago this was part of an advertisement on Sky TV for a 3-Disc compilation of country songs - which I didn't order of course.
But somewhere in the back of my mind this one line that they played there somehow remained stored.
Inagine my surprise when earlier on The Universe was kind enough to send me the full version of that song.

Perfromed by The Boss with a full orchestra.
Sure.
And why not?


I've been walkin' these streets so long
Singin' the same old song
I know every crack in these dirty sidewalks of Broadway
Where hustle's the name of the game
And nice guys get washed away like the snow and the rain

There's been a load of compromisin'
On the road to my horizon
But I'm gonna be where the lights are shinin on me

Like a rhinestone cowboy
Riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo
Like a rhinestone cowboy
Getting cards and letters from people I don't even know
And offers comin' over the phone






Rhinestone Cowboy it is.


Hee-Yaaa!

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment